Recreational Running Rehab Specialist & Coach Exam Registration - $197
- 1 month after completing your Running Roundup Certificate Course, you're eligible to take the R3S Coach exam.
- Graduation from an accredited DPT, PTA, or ATC academic program is required to register for the R3S Coach exam
The R3S Coach Certification Exam tests for proficiency through written questions, video assessments and case studies encompassing content in the following areas:
- Establishing a well-rounded plan of care that encompasses the 3 Dimensions of Running
- Identifying candidates for a video running analysis based on subjective assessment while differentiating various common running related injury clinical presentations as they apply to varying diagnoses.
- Administering the appropriate physical performance test at the appropriate time in the injured runner’s rehabilitation to ensure they meet standards required to safely engage in a running program.
- Understanding the best available evidence for choosing interventions and modifications to running mechanics specifically related to the injured runner’s diagnosis.
- Choosing the most appropriate method of running video recording based on specified criteria.
- Describing the objective measures assessed in the running video
- Assessing and interpret the clinically relevant components of the running analysis video as related to the patient’s specific clinical presentation
- Identifying conservative treatments that address specific findings from the running analysis including targeted stretching and strengthening.
- Assembling an appropriate plan for implementation of situationally specific running mechanics dysfunctions.
- Providing situationally specific recommendations for appropriate running gear, shoes and various race distance training plans.
- Creating an outline for a group run class and screening process for participants.